Is it just me or does it seem like TIME is passing by faster than ever?! It seems the longer I live, the days, weeks and years get shorter. Could that really be? Not likely, but...
Everyday we do our best to make time for everything: work time, family time, friend time, prayer time, reading time, exercise time, eating time, time for church, time for ministry to others, time for shopping, yard work, cooking, cleaning, chores, and then there's that haunting creative time, writing time, etc. (You finish the list.)
TIME is limited here on earth. People have been writing and singing about it for ages. Like one song says, Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future, and another, If I could save time in a bottle. It goes on & on.
I think my favorite lyrics about Time is a song written from Ecclesiastes 3:1 by Pete Seeger and made famous by The Byrds, To every thing (turn, turn, turn) there is a season... and A TIME FOR EVERY PURPOSE under heaven. I'm thankful in the midst of life's busy-ness, God continues to encourage us that there is time for every purpose!
There really is time to do everything God wants us to do! How do we know? He is the creator of Time, and He makes all things beautiful in their time. (Ecclesiatses 3:11) But one thing our Father encourages us to do is respect time and not waste it.
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,
making the most of your time, because the days are evil.
I love this thought: Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can't get more time. When you spend a day, you have one less day. You can always get more money, but you can't get more time.*
I think this is profound, and reminds us ol' Father TIME is one of our very greatest earthly blessings.
The bottom line is, we should never waste time (or money for that matter!). Time is something so precious and valuable that we should ALWAYS make the most of it.
- At the end of each day, reflect back to see what you actually did and make the proper adjustments. Don't mistake movement for achievement. It's easy to get faked out by being busy. The question is: busy doing what?*
- Don't waste precious time (TV, talk radio, gossip, etc.). Decide what adds value to your life and spend your time doing those things. Benjamin Franklin wrote, Do you value life? Then waste not time, for that is the stuff of which life is made.
- Family time, down time and rest time MUST be factored in. These are very important. Even God rested after His labors! Just don't over sleep your time away. Like the old saying, Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Spend TIME with the Lord! If you are ever going to make an investment with your time, spending it with GOD is the best investment with eternal benefits! If we seek His kingdom FIRST, then everything else will make more sense and fall into place. Your time with God is THE most valuable time you spend. Getting to know Him will prove to be the best time you have ever invested.
I thank God for eternity in Heaven where time will not exist. But while I have the privilege of breathing here on Earth, I want to make the best of it. Each of us has an expiration date stamped on our lives, so let's treat TODAY like it really matters!
As Moses is quoted praying in Psalm 90,
So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom
Become more Time Sensitive and make every day count. Time is too precious to squander it away on mindless, aimless drifting. God wants us to have His heart and His desires burned within us so we can wake up everyday with zeal to make our time on this earth count for His glory!
But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord, I say, 'You are my God.'
My times are in Your hand.
All the best,
* Jim Rohn: American Entrepreneur, Author & Motivational Speaker - www.JimRohn.com
*How to Download the free song:
MUST download to a desktop computer
PC: Right-Click -->Free Download button above
Mac: Control-Click -->Free Download button above
Internet Explorer: Select "Save Target As"
Netscape, Firefox, Mozilla: Select "Save Link As"
Safari: Select "Download Linked File As"
We are so excited to finally go to Nicaragua with our dear friends Darey and Karen Jolley! Their ministry, Read More
Website Design Composed By Siteboxpro